You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Nodes/Control Points sensitivity

Is there any way to change the sensitivity of the nodes and the control points in AD for iPad? 

Ofthe when I choose several nodes, and want to move them, it ends up I move one of the control points, unless I zoom out a lot.. and if I zoom out a lot, it can be a little difficult to move the nodes in a right way, as I don’t see the whole picture. 

I guess it’s a little “get used to”, but it can be a litttle hard.. even to choose some nodes if they are too close. 

If this isn’t explained we’ll enough, I’ll try to make a video of my “problem” 

anyways, so far I mostly love the AD for iPad :-) 

• Staff
9 hours ago, 276ccm said:

Is there any way to change the sensitivity of the nodes and the control points in AD for iPad? 

There isn't away to do this.  

You've posted in the best place tho, Feature Requests.  If you'd like to add a screen recording, if you'd like to post a video, it just ensures the Feature Request is fully understood by everyone :) 

I'm having this problem too. I go to move nodes and end up moving the control handles on the node instead. The closer the handles are to the node, the worse the problem is and the closer I have to zoom in to change them. Really breaks up the work flow in an unfortunate way.

I almost wish there was an option to enable "edit node handles only with finger hold" or something, where if you use a single finger or the pencil it only moves the node, not it's control handles, but if you add a finger held down on the screen, it now moves the handles. Something similar to that might be nice for the ipad work flow.

Yeah I'll third this. And this is anecdotal but I've seen this issue noted in plenty of other threads, too. Unless you're really zoomed in it can be infuriating to either choose the correct node or to not accidentally grab a handle. I know the Pencil isn't as precise as a mouse pointer, but it's precise enough to distinguish nodes and handles from a comfortable zoom position. Threshold just needs to be turned down a little.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2018 at 1:16 PM, gidkid said:

I'm having this problem too. I go to move nodes and end up moving the control handles on the node instead. The closer the handles are to the node, the worse the problem is and the closer I have to zoom in to change them. Really breaks up the work flow in an unfortunate way.

I have the same issue here, is too annoying when I trying to edit the node and automatic Affinity Designer Take the handles too. Please correct that problem.

thank you

• 1 month later...

I signed up for this forum in hopes that something might be done about this problem. The inability to easily manipulate nodes might be enough to drive me off AD, which is a shame, because otherwise it’s the best vector package for IPad. Several other vector apps for iPad can do this without a problem (Vectornator and Graphic for example), so it’s not a limitation of the device/pencil, it’s definitely a bug/app issue. I would prefer that extra settings weren’t added (there are already so many), controls just need to be better.

I thought I was being a numpty given that I had to zoom in so far to edit nodes properly, or that it was a problem with my original iPad Pro. Now I see that it isn't just me! (phew) It would be really handy on the iPad to have a function of a tool to either move nodes, or to edit the control handles. Too easy to get frustrated with the little blighters at the moment.

• 2 months later...
  • Staff

Hi MKM Pottery Tools :)

The ability to nudge nodes has been requested previously on our forums and is something we'd like to implement in a future version.

I'll merge this post with a previous suggestion thread.

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)