You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

multiple page document with master pages

I hope this app will not remain being a pure one document illustration tool like Illustrator was before they bought Freehand.

Freehands beauty was the ability to have multiple pages various sizes and master pages for those.

Not everybody needs Indesign - specifically designers who do not do books.

Claas Kuhnen

Faculty Industrial Design  -  Chair Interior Design - Wayne State University

Owner studioKuhnen - product:interface:design

+1 on this. This would be very useful for small print design jobs. I know this is not meant to be an InDesign/Quark Xpress competitor, but multiple pages/artboards would be a very welcome addition for double sided leaflets, 6 page gatefolds etc.

• 2 months later...

Like Bishop, I am in the same situation with Fireworks.  Having multiple pages in the same file has a huge impact on improving the workflow. I might try to use Designer to get some idea of its potential, but this feature would get me much more committed to using Designer as a Fireworks replacement.

Since all three products: Designer, Photo and upcoming Publisher will have a unified file format, they are going to add artboard/pages to Publisher and then backward add it as a open feature to both Photo and Designer. Hopefully you can have multi-page and multi-size artboards (like Illustrator and now Photoshop). Sketch however goes one further. They have multiple Pages and each page can also have multiple artboards -- which is more useful for UI mockups where you have a "screen" page and then generate multiple layouts (landscape, portrait, tablet, phone) on one page. 

favicon-16.png BRANDbrilliance • Graphics • Websites • Printing • E-marketing