I use Pageplus X6 on Windows10 and cannot get it to insert a picture to a publication from my files. 

It will insert texts from files, but when clicking on  Insert, Picture, From file  it goes to a file (one which I have frequently used in the past) but none of the pictures in the file appear. It simply says 'No items match your search'.  I have tried doing copy paste and get a similar result. 

When trying the same with a word document, copy and paste works, so why not for pageplus ? 

@Nigel Jones

Perhaps an even better/potentially quicker solution than that offered by @Dan C, simply go to Serif Community Plus forum and post your question there.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, AMD Radeon R7 360 and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher.

Are you sure you're looking for the right file type?  The latest Win 10 update seems to have changed the selection behaviour (though I might be misremembering how it's expected to work!).

AP user, running Win10