You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Anything like InCopy coming ? (split)

Hello @AdamW

From what I know and have seen so far,  in Design becomes a book / magazine editing monster when it is teamed with inCopy.

Do you have plans for a mass text editor like that ?  I mean, inCopy allows large team to come together in the writing side while designers focus on the layout side. 

Being able to hire seasonal typing assistants who will work from a dedicated module of publisher and just submit their input to fit with the global layout which can be reviewed by the project manager or any other teal manager would be great and make us feel like using a limited software  (talking about larger teams or serious projects).

It is more a question than a request. Happy if planned and still happy if not planned because I'm sure you will come out with even nice solution that fits.

Blessings ! 

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3

26 minutes ago, Uncle Mez said:

Hello @AdamW

From what I know and have seen so far,  in Design becomes a book / magazine editing monster when it is teamed with inCopy.

Do you have plans for a mass text editor like that ?  I mean, inCopy allows large team to come together in the writing side while designers focus on the layout side. 

Being able to hire seasonal typing assistants who will work from a dedicated module of publisher and just submit their input to fit with the global layout which can be reviewed by the project manager or any other teal manager would be great and make us feel like using a limited software  (talking about larger teams or serious projects).

It is more a question than a request. Happy if planned and still happy if not planned because I'm sure you will come out with even nice solution that fits.

Blessings ! 

That's a better question for a separate topic in Discussions and Suggestions for Affinity Publisher Beta on Desktop, in my opinion.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

11 hours ago, haakoo said:

Maybe they consider this.
I don't think so because to me the linking or embedding external files are more likely to be updated.
So that way anyone could type in google docs,office tools or even simple text editors to have it embedded or linked in any publication with ease.

The strength of InCopy is that it allows the editors to see the effect of their edits in the layout. Seems to me the perfect solution for today's online networked freelancers based work culture would be a cloud interface where you can edit your texts and see them on the page without having a separate desktop app. I don't presume we're going to see this this year :) But if enough people buy the software and Affinity gains loads of R&D money…

iMac 27" Retina 2017, 3,4 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 2400 MHz DDR4, OS X Mojave | Long-time Adobe veteran (I still remember Aldus Pagemaker, HA!), making the big move after going freelance. Running Publisher Beta along with Designer and Photo desktop versions. Loving what you guys are doing.

• Staff
11 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

That's a better question for a separate topic in Discussions and Suggestions for Affinity Publisher Beta on Desktop, in my opinion.

done

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon