Hello @AdamW

From what I know and have seen so far,  in Design becomes a book / magazine editing monster when it is teamed with inCopy.

Do you have plans for a mass text editor like that ?  I mean, inCopy allows large team to come together in the writing side while designers focus on the layout side. 

Being able to hire seasonal typing assistants who will work from a dedicated module of publisher and just submit their input to fit with the global layout which can be reviewed by the project manager or any other teal manager would be great and make us feel like using a limited software  (talking about larger teams or serious projects).

It is more a question than a request. Happy if planned and still happy if not planned because I'm sure you will come out with even nice solution that fits.

Blessings ! 

Never be the Same Again !
MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2010) - 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo - 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 - VIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB

MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6  - Affinity Designer + Affinity Photo + Affinity Publisher + Snagit 2019 + Camtasia 2018 + Movavi Video Editor Business 15

41 minutes ago, Uncle Mez said:

Hello @AdamW

From what I know and have seen so far,  in Design becomes a book / magazine editing monster when it is teamed with inCopy.

Do you have plans for a mass text editor like that ?  I mean, inCopy allows large team to come together in the writing side while designers focus on the layout side. 

Being able to hire seasonal typing assistants who will work from a dedicated module of publisher and just submit their input to fit with the global layout which can be reviewed by the project manager or any other teal manager would be great and make us feel like using a limited software  (talking about larger teams or serious projects).

It is more a question than a request. Happy if planned and still happy if not planned because I'm sure you will come out with even nice solution that fits.

Blessings ! 

Maybe they consider this.
I don't think so because to me the linking or embedding external files are more likely to be updated.
So that way anyone could type in google docs,office tools or even simple text editors to have it embedded or linked in any publication with ease.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Win10(1809)Home /  APhoto  /  ADesigner  /  APublisher  / latest (beta) versions

26 minutes ago, Uncle Mez said:

Hello @AdamW

Blessings ! 

That's a better question for a separate topic in Discussions and Suggestions for Affinity Publisher Beta on Desktop, in my opinion.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1809, 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz
Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and 1.7.0.243 Beta
Affinity Designer 1.6..5.123 and 1.7.0.243 Beta
Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.238 Beta

11 hours ago, haakoo said:

Maybe they consider this.
I don't think so because to me the linking or embedding external files are more likely to be updated.
So that way anyone could type in google docs,office tools or even simple text editors to have it embedded or linked in any publication with ease.

The strength of InCopy is that it allows the editors to see the effect of their edits in the layout. Seems to me the perfect solution for today's online networked freelancers based work culture would be a cloud interface where you can edit your texts and see them on the page without having a separate desktop app. I don't presume we're going to see this this year :) But if enough people buy the software and Affinity gains loads of R&D money…

iMac 27" Retina 2017, 3,4 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 2400 MHz DDR4, OS X Mojave | Long-time Adobe veteran (I still remember Aldus Pagemaker, HA!), making the big move after going freelance. Running Publisher Beta along with Designer and Photo desktop versions. Loving what you guys are doing.