You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

APhoto - Help with X-Ray image

I would like to make a X-Ray skull image transparent / semi transparent. The skull should be semi transparent and let a background on websites shimmer through the skull. The image sould be saved as transparent PNG and GIF. How is this to be done in Affinity PHOTO? Does anyone have an advice?

4 minutes ago, All Media Lab said:

Hi,

I guess it's a DICOM extension file or a real life image?

Never tried to open one in Afinity. If you have the fysical X-Ray you could use a scanner, but for digital: 

Decom Tool Kit

I have never tried this, but it seems to export to PNG.

Regards,

David

Thank you David, sorry that I was not clear. The image is a regular jpg that shows a skull (x-ray). Now I want to make the white bones semi-transparent and use this image on a website backgound.

• Staff

Hi Opera,

You should be able to do this with the Blend Options.  On the Layers Studio, click on the Blend Ranges icon (looks like a cog) and then alter the Source Layer Range by dragging the right point down to create a diagonal line.  I've attached a screenshot of what worked for the image i had :) 

e.PNG

11 minutes ago, stokerg said:

Hi Opera,

You should be able to do this with the Blend Options.  On the Layers Studio, click on the Blend Ranges icon (looks like a cog) and then alter the Source Layer Range by dragging the right point down to create a diagonal line.  I've attached a screenshot of what worked for the image i had :) 

e.PNG

Yes that's it. Thank you very much!