BluestarCK

[By Design] Affinity Photo crashes when using Nvidia card more info!

Ok so I had to reinstall windows 10 and ran into the dreaded Unhandled Exception error again. This time Affinity Photo opened on it's own but when I tried to open it from Lightroom 6 I got the dreaded Unhandled Exception Crash again. So for your info this is the driver that installed with windows (Nvidia Driver 10.18.13.5923 2015-12-21 Old)

Then I installed this Driver (Nvidia Driver 25.21.14.1735 2018-12-11 New) and now it seems to work. This is on a Dell Laptop NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M

So this driver seems to be a real issue with Affinity Photo and may be worth looking into.

You should always keep your NVIDIA drivers up to date from the NVIDIA web site, they have regular releases to correct anomalies in the driver. Actually 418.81 is the latest driver.

Win 10 x64 System with Intuos Pen & Touch
 - Sys : Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), 16GB RAM
 - GPU 1: Intel HD Graphics 630, GPU 2: NVIDIA GTX1050, 4GB

@BluestarCK

You have driver version 417.35 (release date 12/12/2018)

As AiDon has said... driver 418.81 is the latest (release date 4/2/2019)

Due to the ongoing Brexit negotiations, punctuation, spelling and grammar will be used sparingly until further notice.

Hi @BluestarCK,

We are aware of crashes when using out of date Graphics card drivers. The crash is not actually an Affinity issue, but a consequence of a bad driver. We will close this issue as "by design". 

Thanks,

Gabe. 

18 hours ago, AiDon said:

You should always keep your NVIDIA drivers up to date from the NVIDIA web site, they have regular releases to correct anomalies in the driver. Actually 418.81 is the latest driver.

Thanks for that. I hesitate to update drivers unless absolutely necessary. I've had issues with Nvidia drivers before when I've updated them. Dell recommends you stick with their certified drivers which I try to do. The driver I picked had the most amount of time between updates which is why I picked it.

On 2/13/2019 at 6:29 PM, BluestarCK said:

Thanks for that. I hesitate to update drivers unless absolutely necessary. I've had issues with Nvidia drivers before when I've updated them. Dell recommends you stick with their certified drivers which I try to do. The driver I picked had the most amount of time between updates which is why I picked it.

Crap, I just got the dreaded Blue Screen of Death from that video card driver!!!