You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo PSD Export Detail Export vs. Editable Export

I don't see a "detail-export" for PSD in Photo. I see PSD (Preserve Accuracy) and PSD (Preserve Editability) as Presets in the Export Persona. And in the More... dialog various attributes can be set to Preserve Accuracy or Preserve Editability when exporting to PSD.

If that's what you're talking about, then the More... panel will show details of the affected attributes (for each Preset, or those you can set manually) of the exported file, and the Photo Help describes the difference between the settings as:

• Strategies—set the way to export specific project attributes. Select from the pop-up menu.
    • Preserve accuracy—the listed attribute will be rasterized to preserve its intended design.
    • Preserve editability—the listed attribute will be exported with its original settings to allow for easy editing.

I would guess that Photoshop probably doesn't have something equivalent in terms of options. It's producing its own native file format and it will understand whatever it chooses to produce. Thus, for Photoshop producing and using PSD files there probably is no difference between accuracy and editability.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Yeah, that's what I mean. Sorry, I don't use the English-version, so I'd to guess the English-title :)

Ok, this confuses me much more, because before I start this thread I build a new file in Photo with a vector and a bitmap object in it and exported it into two PSD files. One with preserve accuracy and one with preserve editability, but in both cases it looks the same, vector stays as vector and bitmap as bitmap. 

Why it is like it is? And which I should choose for the highest compatibility workflow with other programs which needs PSD to work (interchange with Affinity Photo via PSD files)?  

Thanks for confirming we were looking at the same thing :)

I'll have to let someone else try to answer the question about the difference, as I don't know any more than the Help said.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1