Justin Giovanetti

Crashes when combining vectors

Hi Justin, I suspect you may have an 'issue' with one or more of the curves (there are a heck of a lot of them!). A temporary solution..... Try combining say the first four layers and see if it crashes. If it crashes, try again with the first three layers and see how it goes. If you work through the layers that way you should be able to identify which ones are causing it to crash. When you find a faulty one, delete it and move on with the combine process.

Maybe the mods will be able to test the file and identify exactly what is happening.

IPad Pro 10.5 512GB iOS 12.3.1 Affinity Photo 1.7.2.146 Affinity Design 1.7.1.1 Publisher for iPad ?

Thanks guys. Much appreciated!

@DM1: I hear what you're saying about troubleshooting it, though I'd hate to have to worry about adding one too many layers/shapes all the time. It wasn't an absurd number of vectors :)

Does the tagging of this thread mean that we get notified when/if it's resolved? 

Thanks!

7 hours ago, Justin Giovanetti said:

Does the tagging of this thread mean that we get notified when/if it's resolved

Unfortunately no.

IPad Pro 10.5 512GB iOS 12.3.1 Affinity Photo 1.7.2.146 Affinity Design 1.7.1.1 Publisher for iPad ?

Hi Justin Giovanetti,
No, sorry. This is a little more complicated than a single file or case. The boolean operation's code need to be rewritten/revised globally to become more precise/capable to deal with a serie of issues/specific circumstances users have been reporting that make it fail. This is something complex to do that takes time and requires quite a lot of testing and will be eventually picked only when the dev team have the time/resources to do it properly.

@MEB Here's an update of tidbit of information. The file also crashes the desktop version of Affinity Designer. At least on Windows, not sure about Mac. I'd bet money though that it craps out on Mac too :(

I'm surprised that a bug like this for such a basic operation isn't being escalated. I really wanted to add Affinity as my workhorse, but I'm holding out now till it's more reliable. 

Anyway... thanks again for all the prompt replies !!

@MEB Hey man :)

I was excited to see the new updates that came out this week. So, of course the first thing I did after updating Affinity was test out my file. But sadly it still crashed.

So, my question is ... is it possibly that it's just my file that is forever corrupted, or is it that the root cause of the bug is still present in Affinity?

Thanks!