You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hyperlink Studio Panel Go to Source not working correctly

This screenshot shows one of my master pages. The hyperlink is placed on page 2 of my project. Clicking "Go to Source" shows it's correct position, but but the correct page. This is true of all hyperlinks. I have the setting set to "All Spreads," but they should still take me to the source of the hyperlink when I click on Go to Source.

1.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-02-12 at 9.23.48 AM.png

Do I understand you correctly? You are putting hyperlinks on Master pages, and creating document pages based on the Master? Internal links, or external?

Can you supply the .afpub file?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

You are not understanding what I'm saying. You see my master page here, but the hyperlink was created on a non-master page. When I click "Go to Source" in the Hyperlinks panel it shows the link on my master page. That is not correct.

54 minutes ago, Mr. K said:

You are not understanding what I'm saying. You see my master page here, but the hyperlink was created on a non-master page. When I click "Go to Source" in the Hyperlinks panel it shows the link on my master page. That is not correct.

Is the link in a text frame on page 'x 'but that text frame was created on the master which the  "Go to Source" then goes to? I ask because I am having a hell of a time with linked and not linked text frames from Master Pages and hyperlinks. Can't get the same messed up reaction twice in a row which is why I haven't filed any reports. 

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• Staff

Hi Mr. K would you be able to attach your document that exhibits this issue please? Was the frame containing links promoted from the Master Page? Issues like this can be very document/scenario dependant, so having the document helps us a lot. I've just tried it myself and have been unable to reproduce it.

Thanks.

11 hours ago, Old Bruce said:

Is the link in a text frame on page 'x 'but that text frame was created on the master which the  "Go to Source" then goes to? I ask because I am having a hell of a time with linked and not linked text frames from Master Pages and hyperlinks. Can't get the same messed up reaction twice in a row which is why I haven't filed any reports. 

There are known issues with Hyperlink Picture and Text Frames of any kind on master pages.

5 hours ago, Sean P said:

Hi Mr. K would you be able to attach your document that exhibits this issue please? Was the frame containing links promoted from the Master Page? Issues like this can be very document/scenario dependant, so having the document helps us a lot. I've just tried it myself and have been unable to reproduce it.

Thanks.

I can send you the file privately, but I cannot post it publicly since it's one of my plans that I sell.

"Was the frame containing links promoted from the Master Page?" No, it was created on a non-master page.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.