You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

hi Iam using affinity designer on a Mac, I also use Cricut design space for cutting shapes etc but aim having trouble with exporting svg files.

I try to upload to my design space it shows blank. 

first  I assumed the problem was with the design space software and went through all sorts of fault finding with no luck, eventually I decided to export with adobe illustrator and walla.

design space now shows my files so the problem obviously lies with affinity can anyone help?

I've tried exporting with background, without background  every option available but every time its blank or in some cases in the past half the document will be missing.

Hi maybe due to this here ...

Depending on the SVG, you may need to do a couple things to be able to actually make the file viewable. The sloth SVG came into Cricut Design Space quite large—I couldn’t even see the sloth in my main Canvas view. So I simply used the edit bar to change the Size of the sloth to 4″ wide and changed the X and Y Positions to 1. This made the sloth much smaller and moved it to a place I could see it on my Canvas.

Other than that, one would have to compare the generated SVG output from Affinity vs Illustrator here then, in order to see where the differences are.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

@autasticprints As @Lee D wrote it's best to upload a sample file, 'cause most of the time than it's easy to spot problems due to it being just a text-file. But I recently had problems with svg files showing completely black when shown by a plugin I use to display them as thumbnails in windows explorer. That was caused by the svg's were exported with artboards. So if your problem is related and use artboards, you could try to remove the arboards by moving the contents outside and remove the artboard.