20 minutes ago, haakoo said:

Oops that was missing in my previous post
I selected them with ctrl+click in the layers panel
It shows on the artboards on screen with a caption and frame around the selected items.
Good thing as you might miss an item.

Yes, but when I do that I end up with just 1 slice in the Export Persona. Exporting it just gets me one image with all the selected images on it.

Edit: Must remember to click Create Slice in the Layers Panel.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1809, 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and 1.7.0.333 Beta       / Affinity Designer 1.6..5.123 and 1.7.0.333 Beta    / Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.337 Beta

Strange,
It works for me like shown here from 4:26 up and the exporting at 7:00

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Win10(1809)Home / Photo / Designer / Publisher & latest (beta) versions

8 minutes ago, haakoo said:

It works for me like shown here from 4:26 up and the exporting at 7:00

Wonderful. Thank you. Silly me, I forgot to click the Create Slice button.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1809, 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and 1.7.0.333 Beta       / Affinity Designer 1.6..5.123 and 1.7.0.333 Beta    / Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.337 Beta

Well for me learning another feature I didn't use yet :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Win10(1809)Home / Photo / Designer / Publisher & latest (beta) versions

If you are on Windows, Nitro PDF will extract all the images from a PDF for you. The 14 day pro trial is fully functional, although I am unsure if the current free reader version still allows the user to extract images for free (it used to be the case).

Not the most inexpensive solution, though. A license is $200. But at least you will be "Adobe free".

12 hours ago, andyjones said:

Probably because it doesn’t have anything to do with the question. But in answer to your question - Yes I have permission. These are files that clients supply of their brochure etc - but they can’t find the original files. 

Thanks for that. I do pose the question because it is relevant to the terms of reference of these forum.  There have been several postings that appear to be indirectly asking how to circumvent copyright restrictions.

I'm only sorry that I cannot actually offer any useful advice on your original question.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and Designer 1.6.5.123, (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

2 minutes ago, John Rostron said:

Thanks for that. I do pose the question because it is relevant to the terms of reference of these forum.  There have been several postings that appear to be indirectly asking how to circumvent copyright restrictions.

I'm only sorry that I cannot actually offer any useful advice on your original question.

John

Ah I see - no problem.