Fantomasas

PDF Export white edge lines

I have experienced this a couple of times now. When I export PDF documents, they tend to get white lines at the edges, even though the artwork expands far beyond the export area. I doubt it is related to composition/effects/images/rasterization, because I had simple, one color background business cards which had the inconsistent white edges on some of the designs. It is not a pixel-perfect issue where the program has to round-up the edge to fit the print dimensions, it is at least 5 pixels with the 600DPI export. It is also not a preview issue because the file will open with the white-edge inside the artboard back in AD. Latest release version.

I have the file which is currently not exporting right, and a screenshot showcasing the problem:

1604125636_PDFexportproblem.thumb.jpg.bdb277c4c5b3b7cbb42284ed07e1c504.jpg

Colt Automobilio Maketas2.afdesign

X, Y, W, H exactly pixels? 

Affinity Photo 1.6.5.135, Affinity Designer 1.6.5.135. Affinity Store.
Windows 10 Pro, Version 1809, Build 17763.195.
Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080.

Hi @Fantomasas,

Your artboard is not positioned on integer pixel values. It's the same for everything inside it. If you want them to be aligned, you would need to use integer values. 

Screenshot 2019-02-12 at 09.46.29.png

Thanks,

Gabe. 

I am punching the rounded values into the program, mm wise (50mm, 240mm) because it is a print file. I must work with mm units in this document.

The program was shuffling a few decimals from 50mm to 49.5mm. I thought that it was rounding them into full pixels (and I still have to multiply everything by 10 after it is approved), so I didn't mind some minor size fluctuations.

The program is claiming way more than the single pixel line to round-up the pixels. The white line remains the same thickness regardless of DPI.

If this is working as intended, what is the course of action for making precise measurements without getting white-line artifacts? It is not a problem as of now, I can easily send the file with some white artifacts on the edges to print.

The dimensions need to be integer values in Pixels, not mm, when you work with artboards or pixel (raster) layers. You can always go back to MM once you make the overall adjustments.