You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Master Field values disappear on moved pages

I have a Master with section and page number fields. Each document page has a background photo set to "Move to Back" with other objects in front of that. The section and page numbers are visible on those pages. When I move (drag and drop from the "Pages" list) a page from one place to another position in the document, both the original location and final location pages hide the Master Fields - they do not appear. The background photos are still set to "Move to Back" but the fields are hidden "behind". Remove the background photo and the fields are still on the page. Have to remove and replace the background photo and "Move to Back" to fix it. This has a randomness as some other actions can cause the hiding of the Master fields (just opening the working document, for example).

2 minutes ago, thetasig said:

Each document page has a background photo set to "Move to Back"

I'm not aware of a setting like that. Can you describe where it is, or show a screenshot?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Sure - it is via a right-click of the object, a context menu drops down and one of the choices is "Arrange" and it has several options. I use it to "layer" the objects along the "Z" dimension so that I can have a background photo and overlapping objects.

1670312978_ScreenShot2019-02-11at2_06_10PM.png.8a4f6b8e56bf50e7a58a8834a0e3d705.png

Thanks, @thetasig. I'm aware of that.

Note that that is not a setting, it is an action. It does not say "keep this at the back" but rather "move this to the back, right now".

You seem to think it will keep things at the back, but that's not correct.

However, even with that, I don't yet have an explanation for what you're reporting.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

And I see no reason why moving pages would change the layer order. For one of the pages that exhibits the problem, can you show us a screenshot of the page before moving it, including the Layer panel? And then a screenshot after moving the page that shows the problem, and also includes the Layer panel?

Can you attach a sample .afpub file that demonstrates the problem?

-- Walt
PC:

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.