You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Bug in auto-correct:

Typing the following -

As the companies came closer, a Meeting of the

The M in meeting was automatically capitalized and should not be. It happened in similar cases as well. 

Turning off  "Capitalise first letter of sentences" in Edit>Preferences>Auto-Correct stopped this from happening, but then sentences aren't automatically capitalized.

Great product! 

I can confirm this bug!

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

• 4 months later...
  • Staff

I cant quite replicate what you are getting as I always get a capital letter at the start of a new paragraph.

I would also expect to see a list of words in the auto correct section of preferences. Did you delete all of yours?

In the german translation of the Publisher Preferences it is "Capital letter at the first letter of a new sentence” (Erster Buchstabe in SÄTZEN groß schreiben). That is useful. But it is not useful if you insert a hard line break, what is not necessarily a new paragraph. 

iMac 27'', Mac OS X Ventura 13.2.1 (22D68)

ok, Affinity Publisher is a very great work  and I can live with the described function or problem. A shift return is a soft line break with effects for justification for example and it works correct, but a normal line break can be a break without any other key and in my opinion there is no reason to write the first letter as a capital letter, maybe in poems … and the german translation in Publisher is "Capital letter at the first letter of a new sentence” (Erster Buchstabe in SÄTZEN groß schreiben) so after a full stop. But anyway, it is a great software and a very small problem :-) Thank you very much for your answer. 

iMac 27'', Mac OS X Ventura 13.2.1 (22D68)

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.