You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

First raster digi painting done in Designer & Photo

Dazmondo77

I usually use Clip Studio Paint for raster painting as it's super responsive and the blend and mix tools are brilliant, but I thought I'd work on this piece in Designer and Photo using some of the Daub and Frankentoon brushes I've purchased over the past couple of years - seems to have worked out OK although I still prefer mixing and blending in CSP 

SV album2a.jpg

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk

WOW!

As usual I have no idea what a 'raster painting' is or how you mix brushes etc..

Would love to do it myself but not able to get passed the language, just for a start.:D

This a stunning image; visually and socially. Its production is a mystery to me but it proves a number of things.

1/ you do not need necessarily to have the biggest, newest kit to do wonderful work.

2/skill, experience and knowledge depth will always surpass the latest most well known trickery.

3/Artistry crosses borders in the right Hands.

Congratulations from a very grumpy hard to please old git.:39_angry:

MacPro (late 2013), 24Gb Ram, D300GPU, Eizo 24",1TB Samsung 850 Archive, 2x2Tb Time Machine,X-t2 plus 50-140mm & 18-55mm. AP, FRV & RawFile Converter (Silkypix).