You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Changing to the next monitor

Ah, okay, sorry, I'd only ever seen it written as the 'Windows' - or sometimes 'Win' - key.
I've just had a look at some of my other keyboards and an old Logitech Wave(?) has "option" written on that key. (I didn't use that keyboard much so I totally forgot, or didn't notice in the first place.)

• Staff

Hi Typo998,

I presume you mean Shift+WinKey+Left/Right arrow? I've tried this myself on both Windows 10 and Windows 8.1, the application instantly switches to the next monitor with no need to click on the icon to see the window.

Are you able to get a screen recording of the behaviour you are getting please?

• Staff

Hi Typo998,

Thanks for the GIF. I've just tried this on a Windows 7 machine and still unable to reproduce it. Looking at it, it appears you have some other desktop widget like applications running. Could you close those down and try again and see if that affects it? Failing that I would also advise upgrading your graphics drivers as well.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.