You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

can not install new affinity-publisher-beta-1.7.0.227[1]

Hi, I've been working on the beta version of AP for a while now. Yesterday I installed the new Version 1.7.0.227 [1] on my Dell xps 9570 (Winows 10 pro). After download the EXE file it does not open. After open the downloaded EXE file manually, the AP icon briefly appears in the taskbar but then disappears again. I uninstall the old version, then I restarted the computer and downloaded the new version again, but it does not work. Today I downloadet the new version again and tried again to open the file, then I got the following message. Exception: Create Directory failed. Do you have a solution to this problem? you can also contact me at the following email address: m.buresch@immo-center.cc

Thank you!!!

Screenshot.PNG

39 minutes ago, Markus Buresch said:

Today I downloadet the new version again and tried again to open the file, then I got the following message. Exception: Create Directory failed. Do you have a solution to this problem? you can also contact me at the following email address:

Hello @Markus Buresch,

welcome to the forum.

The message 'Create Directory failed' sounds funny to me. There have been various problems with install over the time but I cannot recall that this was one of them (please correct me if I missed this somewhere).

First thing I would check if you have sufficient space on your drive. Then check if by any chance something has become write protected.
Sometimes paths can become too long if you stored the download somewhere deep in your directory structure (this is rare but who knows :)).

Finally I want to suggest that you do not post your private email adresses in a post. It's too easy that a spam bot picks it up and you get swamped with smap mails. It is possible to send private messages within the forum if you enable that in the forum's settings.

Cheers,
d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

One comment: The current version of the Publisher beta is .238, not .227, and it's available in the pinned topic near the top of this forum,

I would suggest you work with that one, rather then the older .227 version.

Next, if you haven't already, try right-clicking on the installer .exe file and choosing Run as Administrator. Sometimes that helps.

Finally, if you open Windows Explorer, click in the location bar, and enter %temp%\AffinitySetup you should find some setup log directories. Pick the folder with the most recent date/time, open it, and you'll find two log files. If you look in them for the word Error you may get more information.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 4:53 PM, walt.farrell said:

One comment: The current version of the Publisher beta is .238, not .227, and it's available in the pinned topic near the top of this forum,

I would suggest you work with that one, rather then the older .227 version.

Next, if you haven't already, try right-clicking on the installer .exe file and choosing Run as Administrator. Sometimes that helps.

Finally, if you open Windows Explorer, click in the location bar, and enter %temp%\AffinitySetup you should find some setup log directories. Pick the folder with the most recent date/time, open it, and you'll find two log files. If you look in them for the word Error you may get more information.

Hi walt, thanks for your feedback. I just downloaded the new .228 update and it worked. Now the program is also available in German. that gives me hope that the final version will be released soon. Greetings from Austria, markus

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.