You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[1.7.0.238] Hyperlinks and character style

Thanks for the latest update...been playing around with hyperlinks today..found there is an issue with selecting styles

1. Create a new hyperlink on text element (Text frame tool and add some text)

2. Add new hyperlink

3. in options for character style select none(avoiding hyperlink,Strong,Strong Emphasis). So you have link with no identity

4. Then either double click hyperlink in hyperlink panel (character style dropDown is now dimmed out so you cannot go back and change the option)...but....5

5. OK!..Select from context menu (Character Style)..where you can change the style options (change to say hyperlink)....

6. Go back to hyperlink panel and the change does not seem to be reflected in the dropDown list..Still dimmed out

Notes
Going to be a fantastic feature...I know it's only the first introduction...but....

1. There does not seem to be a way of identifying the type of link from the hyperlink panel (couldn't you add an icon to right?)

2. If you have a lot of hyperlinks... as it stands at the moment users are going to get lost in the list...you can rename but not identify the type (There is a sort for pages..but not for link type!)

3. When you select an element with hyperlink attached it would be useful to simultaneously highlight the link in the Hyperlinks Panel (blue as layers panel [optional preferences]) and emphasis the actual link in panel

Affinity Version 1 (10.6) Affinity Version 2.4.1 All (Designer | Photo | Publisher)   Beta; 2.4 2.2356
OS:Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046+ Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0
Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 21.04.01 
Radeon Settings Version 2020
20.1.03) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.41-1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi StuartRc,

I've just tried the steps in the latest build (which has had a lot of hyperlink fixes in it) and I can no longer reproduce this issue - would you mind just double checking for me please?

You've also raised some great suggestions with the different link types and icons etc, so I will also get those passed on.

Thanks again!

Hi Sean,

I was just checking this:)...Using the test File from .238...I can confirm this one has been fixed in the latest build..(.249)it is now working as expected..

With the dropdown picking up the changes made in style-option dropdown...thank you!...strike off another one...

Thanks for passing on the suggestions!

NB:Just tested with creating a new Character Style.. and using as link...worked ok! (was added to list)...but I noticed that with the Font Traits (bold etc) were not getting picked up as new character style (Used Alegreya Sans and Akrobat) I tried with a couple of different fonts to see if just font specific but it's not.. (old bug re-occurring I believe!)

Affinity Version 1 (10.6) Affinity Version 2.4.1 All (Designer | Photo | Publisher)   Beta; 2.4 2.2356
OS:Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046+ Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0

• Staff
6 minutes ago, StuartRc said:

NB:Just tested with creating a new Character Style.. and using as link...worked ok! (was added to list)...but I noticed that with the Font Traits (bold etc) were not getting picked up as new character style (Used Alegreya Sans and Akrobat) I tried with a couple of different fonts to see if just font specific but it's not.. (old bug re-occurring I believe!)

Would you mind just recording a video showing this issue please?

Just added as bug...

Added process there ..it is very simple (just create a text box and make a character style)... There is a screen shot in this thread Here

Sorry..you are quick with the replies....:)

• Staff
3 minutes ago, StuartRc said:

Just added as bug...

Added process there ..it is very simple (just create a text box and make a character style)... There is a screen shot in this thread Here

Sorry..you are quick with the replies....:)

No worries - I'll leave it to that thread then! Thanks again :) 

6 hours ago, Sean P said:

No worries - I'll leave it to that thread then! Thanks again :) 

OK...I just it thought it wasn't hyperlinks..but separate issue

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.