You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hi johnsung,

Thanks for the file.

The main issue is the size, when you try to export it as a PSD file you should see the warning on the export window saying 'Warning! The PSD format supports images with a maximum dimension of 30,000 pixels.  Your document is too large to export'.  So that will be why PSD export is failing, it's a 300DPI document at 62007 pixels by 14409 pixels.  If you decrease the DPI to either 72 or 144 DPI (click Document>Resize Document>Change the DPI Slider to either 72 or 144 and you'll be able to export the document.

I suspect it was a similar issue for the JPG, the exported file will just be too large to load.  In my exported 300 DPI JPG which i opened in the Preview app on my Mac and it only showed me part of the image.  The one exported at 72 and 144DPI opened just fine.

Also you may also want to view the design at 100%  in Affinity Photo (CMD+1 on Mac, CTRL+1 on Windows) so you can see the quality of the tree in the design, even when viewed at 300DPI it's very pixelated. 

Hi stokerg:

Do you know why my shortcut icon for affinity designer is a like this? 
I bought the programmer 4 days ago and the next day the icon vanished and left me with this non-icon. 

Also, what is the time frame on the envelope distort/text warp function for Designer? 

Thanks for the help, 

- John

desktop.PNG

• Staff

Hi John,

Clearing the Windows Icon Cache as talked about on this link should resolve that issue.  It is for Windows 10 but also links to the method for Windows 7 and 8 :)

35 minutes ago, johnsung said:

Also, what is the time frame on the envelope distort/text warp function for Designer? 

Sadly we don't get told any timelines for features.  Only the Dev team know when something will be added, which is mainly when it's ready.