You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to fix a brush stroke application in pen tool mode?

IMG_3326.thumb.PNG.b58f7067bb14362931069bcbad527dc0.PNG

I want to keep draw the same setting of brush stroke in pen tool mode 

but when I deselect, and start a new line, it just goes back to normal line even though

IMG_3327.thumb.PNG.e8b74ba1ae133cb601d8b0857af950fa.PNGIMG_3328.thumb.PNG.3cf380cb934489ac946bb852bd69ee68.PNG

brush stroke mode is already selected, and in brush menu the brush I used before is marked selected. 

and I have to adjust everything, re-tap the brush that is already marked as selected, 

IMG_3329.thumb.PNG.546761138c9841bfd1fec35cd2d09804.PNG

then it goes with the default width so I have to change everything, 

every time...

I have looked up tutorials, and skimmed through the Affinity official workbook 

but couldn't find a solution to this.

• Staff

Hi Rushdie,

Welcome to the forums :)

When using the Pen tool in Affinity Designer you can't preselect a Textured Line Style, it will always draw using a Solid Line Style, then once drawn you can change the line type by selecting the brush in the Brushes Studio.

If you wish to draw using the brush shown in your screenshot, you will need to use the Vector Brush tool, not the Pen tool.

If you wish to change the default size for a brush, open the brush editor and set it here. For more info on brushes please see the following video - https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/tutorials/designer/ipad/video/273644549/

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)