Gnobelix

Color setting for the Gradient-Tool is bad

Hello all,
try the following:
File New.
Create a new Layer.
Create a new Color-Gradient with the Gradient-Tool.
Until here is all OK.

Try adding a different color to the gradient, then the chaos takes its course.
see video

Cheers

Affinity Photo 1.6.5.135 :  Affinity Photo-Beta  1.7.0.258 :     Affinity Designer 1.6.5.135 : Affinity Designer-Beta 1.7.0.258:

Affinity Publisher-Beta 1.7.0.257:       Windows 10 Pro  (Version  1809 Build 17763.379)

Yes sir, can confirm and replicate easily. I found if you have another layer below it, like an image or if you just use New Fill Layer, it does not do this.

Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123, Beta 1.7.0.243; Win10 Home 1803: Intel i7-4770, 3.40GHz, 16GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 645 

I can't reproduce that bug you show here but the gradient tool indeed has many inconsistencies in handling. If you have a gradient selected, go to the color edit box with one of the color points selected, switch from the "Gradient" tab to the "None" tab and back and all settings are lost without even clicking on anything. (Works fine with the "color" and "swatches" tab).

As well starting to paint a gradient on an empty document the assistant still does not automatically add a pixellayer (something I still perceive as pretty illogical since I don't get what you want with a new document WITHOUT any pixel layer as a base - but that's a different story). This has been brought up years ago already ...

Cheers, Timo

iCore i7-3770, 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570, Windows 7 Enterprise 64Bit, SP 1 - AP and AD latest final & beta
http://www.timobierbaum.com