You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Color setting for the Gradient-Tool is bad

Hello all,
try the following:
File New.
Create a new Layer.
Create a new Color-Gradient with the Gradient-Tool.
Until here is all OK.

Try adding a different color to the gradient, then the chaos takes its course.
see video

Cheers

Affinity Photo 2.4:         Affinity Photo 1.10.6: 

Affinity Designer 2.4:    Affinity Designer 1.10.6:

Affinity Publisher 2.4:   Affinity Publisher 1.10.6:    

Windows 11 Pro  (Version 23H2 Build (22631.3296)

Yes sir, can confirm and replicate easily. I found if you have another layer below it, like an image or if you just use New Fill Layer, it does not do this.

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

I can't reproduce that bug you show here but the gradient tool indeed has many inconsistencies in handling. If you have a gradient selected, go to the color edit box with one of the color points selected, switch from the "Gradient" tab to the "None" tab and back and all settings are lost without even clicking on anything. (Works fine with the "color" and "swatches" tab).

As well starting to paint a gradient on an empty document the assistant still does not automatically add a pixellayer (something I still perceive as pretty illogical since I don't get what you want with a new document WITHOUT any pixel layer as a base - but that's a different story). This has been brought up years ago already ...

Cheers, Timo

CRM.png.a048d588572393102ac3cc403bfa8af7.png

i7-12700KF, 3.60 GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070, Wacom Intuos 4 Tablet, Windows 11 Pro - AP, AD and APublisher V1 and V2
https://www.timobierbaum.com

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.