BeachDesign

Designer on Desktop, edibility after export?

I'm starting a map project for print that will need updating annually. Before starting this project in Designer I need to understand exactly how editable the files will remain after export. Will the vector content and text still be editable in a .PSD export? Or will this only be possible in my original Designer document? Is there any time at which my vector content will become uneditible? Otherwise I could do it in Illustrator. I'm trying to move away from Illustrator to Designer and I just want to make sure it will work. I must admit that the .PSD export has me spooked. I don't want any vector content or text to become rasterized. I want to make sure my project can be scaled up if my clients decide to make a big poster as well as the smaller brochure.

If you want maximum editing capability in the future you should retain your .afdesign file.

In particular, I do not think that the text in an exported .psd from Designer will be editable.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1809, 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz
Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and 1.7.0.240 Beta
Affinity Designer 1.6..5.123 and 1.7.0.240 Beta
Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.238 Beta

Hi BeachDesign and Welcome to the Forums,

Text would be rasterized on export to PSD, we can't currently output text in PSD.  Text support will be implemented in a future version but still may take some time until it's ready.  Vector objects would stay as vector, as long as you haven't used any effects that are not supported by the vector format you are exporting to.  

Or export to PDF

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Win10(1809)Home /  APhoto  /  ADesigner  /  APublisher  / latest (beta) versions

Thanks All for the quick replies. I'm more familiar with the iPad version and just realizing now as I'm getting used to it how much more capable the desktop version is. I will most certainly save my original .afdesign files.