You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

When do Affinity intend to fix the boolean operations?

Hi folks,
A view month ago i created an issue because the boolean operations are not working correctly in some circumstances. But this tool is very help and useful to create own vector shapes.
So my question is when do affinity intend to fix them?
I know, it´s a very complex thing that needs time, but my first posting about this was in september 2018, four month ago and so i want to ask when it is fixed. Perhaps there is a timeline?

Greetz
Uwe

Have a nice day.
Ich wünsche einen schönen Tag.

• 7 months later...

Maybe you could reiterate the issue and link to older posts so that people can refresh their memories of the issue @Uwe367

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

@firstdefence
There are so many posts with this Problem and it has existed for so long..
It is a little disappointing that nothing has happened in this case so far.

I like it to work with the Software, no matter if Photo, Designer or Publisher, but the results of the boolean operations are.... let me say it friendly.. not good.
I often create own Shapes from overlapping Objects, and it is annoying that i must use an other software to do this.
So please.. WHEN do you fix this Problem?

Have a nice day.

4 hours ago, Uwe367 said:

I often create own Shapes from overlapping Objects, and it is annoying that i must use an other software to do this.

Unless I have misunderstood what you mean about overlapping objects, this seems to be working fine for me in all 3 Affinity apps.

It would really help if you provided at least a screenshot of the objects you are trying to apply a Boolean operator to, plus a brief text description of which one(s) you have tried, & what you expected to happen vs. what did.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Thanks @R C-R
Please have a look to the following Threads and you will understand what i mean. Please see the screenvideo in the first Link, make a try like in the video and please have a look how many parts after dividing will be displayed at top left. That is what i mean. If there more than 2 Objects overlapping, you get Chaos back. And this Behavior is for all three Apps, in the Betas and in the current Versions.

And I'm not the only one who has these or similar problems with it.

Have a nice day.