I mean... there is already one in Designer, so why not in Photo?

I know I can create artboards in Designer and then go to Photo, but that is just an unnecessary waste of time that could be fixed easily (I guess, I'm not a developer).

And I also know that photo is supposed  to be just for photo editing, but hey, maybe i want to edit two photos side to side, or make comparisons between different versions of the edit, maybe one in color in one artboard and the other in black and white in the other artboard, etc. You get the point.

Please, It is really needed.

Thank you.

29 minutes ago, 99Combo said:

I mean... there is already one in Designer, so why not in Photo?

If you start going down that route, where do you stop? Why can’t we create text on a curve in Affinity Photo? Why are there no liquefy tools in Designer? Why are linked text frames only available in Publisher??

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.6.5.123 • Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.12.86 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.6.4.45 • iOS 12.2 (iPad Air 2)

Well, you just stop there, at what I suggested haha.

I see text on a curve belonging only to Designer and liquify in Photo but an artboard tool i feel like is needed in both, just like you have the pen tool in Designer and Photo.

An artboard tool isn't specific for raster or vector work, it can help both.

55 minutes ago, 99Combo said:

maybe i want to edit two photos side to side, or make comparisons between different versions of the edit, maybe one in color in one artboard and the other in black and white in the other artboard, etc.

You can do that without Artboards, though the method differs a bit depending on whether you're using Mac or Windows. For Mac, use Separated mode, and you can float images side-by-side. For Windows, you can Float images, or drag them from the tab bar so they float.

In both, you can use View > New View but more likely to do before/after you'll want to take a Snapshot and create a new document from it, then have it open beside your original.

No Artboards needed :)

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1809, 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and 1.7.0.333 Beta       / Affinity Designer 1.6..5.123 and 1.7.0.333 Beta    / Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.337 Beta

On 2/10/2019 at 9:06 AM, Alfred said:

If you start going down that route, where do you stop? Why can’t we create text on a curve in Affinity Photo? Why are there no liquefy tools in Designer? Why are linked text frames only available in Publisher??

Well, Vector liquifying capabilities in Designer would be nice. :D

Best regards!

You'll never know what you can do until you get it up as high as you can go!   

AMD FX 8350 :: Radeon HD 7870 :: Windows 10 ::  http://mithferion.deviantart.com/

Oxygen Icons :: Free Quality Fonts :: Public Domain Pictures :: iOS 11 Design Resources :: iOS App Icon Template :: The Secret of High Quality Art