You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Designer Beta hijacks file associations

Just a quick annoyance in the Beta version - can you turn off the feature that associates all .afdesign files with the new beta version?

There's a regular warning about not using pre-release versions for production work, and I think the automatic file association goes against this philosophy.

Yeah I know it's not particularly difficult to change the file associations back, but it still bugs me.

23 hours ago, Checkmate said:

Just a quick annoyance in the Beta version - can you turn off the feature that associates all .afdesign files with the new beta version?

There's a regular warning about not using pre-release versions for production work, and I think the automatic file association goes against this philosophy.

Yeah I know it's not particularly difficult to change the file associations back, but it still bugs me.

Hi, if we did that, we would never test the ability to double click files and open them, or see that file associations are setup correctly, or that icons are configured correctly etc. The beta test is supposed to test what we aim to release to the public, so disabling parts of it doesn't make much sense. My best suggestion is to change the defaults in Windows.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.