You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Searching with search terms in the help is not possible

Yes, the Search box is still there. The problem is that it doesn't work in .238, at all unless you're using UK English as your language. (At least, it works in UK English, and does not work US English. I haven't tried others, but as it doesn't work for @Michail in German it's probably broken in all the new localizations that we got with .238.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

The Help for the 1.6 range of Affinity applications is fully localized, including US spellings where appropriate, and it's entirely French, for example.

It's possible that the localized versions of the Help are not available yet (I haven't looked for US vs UK spellings), but it sounds like French localization for the Help is not available.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

• 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, ToOldForThis said:

I just tried doing several Help searches in Beta 249, and there were no problems on any of the searches. Pretty fast, too! Links in topics seem to be working as well.

It may work in the English version and not in the other localizations.

3 hours ago, Sean P said:

Sorry for the delayed response, this was a known issue but should now be fixed in 1.7.0.249.

Sorry, no. The Search in Help works only for the UK English locale. With other language preferences no search results are displayed, even in .249.

-- Walt
PC:

Well...actually...I set the APub language to different values and the search DOES work...as long as you are searching for UK English words. Tried English US and French which both gave me results, but the search term could not be in non-UK English. Limitation seems to be the actual Help file language. Setting APub to French still gave me the same UK English Help file. I think the search engine is working, but the Help has not been localised yet.

I get suggestions appearing below my search term, but I get no results even if I choose one of the suggestions. And I was searching for words properly spelled in UK English. I get results only when my Preferences are set to UK English.

-- Walt
PC:

• Staff
22 hours ago, Michail said:

No. The search field still doesn't work.

AHh sorry about that - I misunderstood your post. Unfortunately the localisation hasn't been completed on the help text so at the moment the indexing isn't correct/working. Rest assured though we haven't forgotten it! :)

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.