Stuart.p

ICC amd ICM Profiles and Soft Proofing

Hi. Firstly I noticed that the Import ICC Profile only wants to see .icc files and not .icm files.

2ndly, system and image are AdobeRGB1998 colourspace and monitor is calibrated as such with an internal 3D LUT.  I have been looking at soft proofing and it seems the that trying to use the sRGB IEC1966 (standard system profile) does not do as expected, that is transform the AdobeRGB colourspace to sRGB. Not sure why, but it is certainly OK in PS and GIMP v2.10.

thanks

9 hours ago, Stuart.p said:

I have been looking at soft proofing and it seems the that trying to use the sRGB IEC1966 (standard system profile) does not do as expected, that is transform the AdobeRGB colourspace to sRGB. Not sure why, but it is certainly OK in PS and GIMP v2.10.

Good luck. Here is how far I got when reporting colour management issues including failure of soft proofing with sRGB to change colours: 

Hi Stuart.p,

Welcome to the forums :)

To use .icm files, these need to be installed at a system level, please close Affinity, install the profile and then re-open the app. You should now find this profile available.

What results are you seeing when using the sRGB soft proof layer?

1 hour ago, Dan C said:

Hi Stuart.p,

Welcome to the forums :)

To use .icm files, these need to be installed at a system level, please close Affinity, install the profile and then re-open the app. You should now find this profile available.

What results are you seeing when using the sRGB soft proof layer?

Hi Dan,

Slightly hijacking this.. when you say "available", should an installed profile be available in the print dialogue?

I have asked in another thread about a CMYK profile that only shows in soft proof/document colour setting. No one seems to know if CMYK printer profiles should show up in the print options. I'm on windows, profile was created/installed through colormunki.

Thanks

Hi BofG :) 

16 hours ago, BofG said:

when you say "available", should an installed profile be available in the print dialogue?

If the profile has been installed at a system level, through the OS, then it should be available as a colour profile in app, both in the document setup and the print dialogue.

Could you provide a copy of the .ICC file so I can test this here? I must admit I've not got much experience with colourmuki, and this may be the cause of the profile not showing in the print dialogue.

Hi Dan,

Thanks for replying, if you see this thread:

I've uploaded a profile on there, others have checked it on Windows and it's not on the print dialouge. It's not just that specific profile, there are no default cmyk profiles in the list either.