Whenever I go to export a photo to any file type it  lets me save but then an error message pops up. Once the error message pops up the system crashes and shuts down. How can I get this to work? I haven’t been able to successfully save one photo to any other file type but Affinity.

Are you using Affinity Photo? On Mac or Windows? What does the error message say?

Affinity Photo 1.6.7 & Affinity Designer 1.6.1; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.6.11.85 & Affinity Designer 1.6..4.45 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.1.1

Hi Jeremiahe,

Welcome to the forums :)

I'd recommend resetting your app back to it's default settings. 

You can reset your app back to its default settings by holding down the CTRL key while launching the app. When the Clear User Data window appears, click Select All and then Clear. The app will now open.

Be aware that resetting your app back to its default settings will lose any custom settings such as keyboard shortcuts and brushes etc. To backup such settings before resetting the app, please watch our Affinity - Exporting User Settings and Keyboard Shortcuts video.

1 hour ago, Dan C said:

Hi Jeremiahe,

Welcome to the forums :)

I'd recommend resetting your app back to it's default settings. 

You can reset your app back to its default settings by holding down the CTRL key while launching the app. When the Clear User Data window appears, click Select All and then Clear. The app will now open.

Be aware that resetting your app back to its default settings will lose any custom settings such as keyboard shortcuts and brushes etc. To backup such settings before resetting the app, please watch our Affinity - Exporting User Settings and Keyboard Shortcuts video.

I’ll try this, I’ve only had it for a day so I don’t have anything that’s not default set up anyway.

1 hour ago, Jeremiahe said:

I am using Windows.

Is there any error message when the app crashes? If so, what does it say?

Affinity Photo 1.6.7 & Affinity Designer 1.6.1; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.6.11.85 & Affinity Designer 1.6..4.45 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.1.1

You'll have crash reports in this folder (you can post them here):

%AppData%

End of the full path is:

…AppData*\Roaming\Affinity\Publisher\1.0 (Beta)**\CrashReports\reports

* Will vary depending of your user name
** Vary depending of the application

Seems there's old crash reports from november… shouldn't the apps clean this folder and delete the old ones after sending them?

Thanks for the image of the crash error, if you could upload your latest crash reports from the aforementioned folder we can investigate this further for you :)

14 hours ago, Wosven said:

Seems there's old crash reports from november… shouldn't the apps clean this folder and delete the old ones after sending them?

If the crash report fails to send - for whatever reason - then the crash report will remain locally. If it has been sent through to us, the app should automatically clean this folder.