You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Bug 238 - Hyperlink, Modify link on graphic

Trying out the new hyperlinks (needed ASAP for a client). I added a hyperlink (URL) to a graphic element, saved, exported as a pdf. Worked fine and as expected, making the feature usable. However, I then selected the graphic, went to the Text/Interactive/Insert Hyperlink (strange place for this since hyperlinks are very often used for graphic elements). The intention was to try to modify the link/url. However APub froze and I got only a "ching" trying to click on anything and most everything was greyed out. Had to force quit.

After restarting, I just tried it again and it did not freeze this time on editing either the text link/url or the graphic link/url, so not sure why it did the first time. Thus checking to see if others are having the issue or if it was just a one-off. 

It would also be better if once you had applied a link to a graphic/text if the menu item changed to "Modify Link". Also would be much easier if the hyperlink editing could be accessed with a contextual menu item. 

Thanks so very much for adding this critical feature. Just hope we can sort things out to getting it running smoothly and with a slightly better access.

--------------------

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020 i7 72GB) • AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB • macOS Ventura
MacBook Pro, 13", M1 2020 • 16 GB • macOS Ventura
iPad Air 2022

I hadn't even noticed that option under the Text menu yet.

I found the Hyperlinks studio panel (View/Studio/Hyperlinks) from which you can create and edit hyperlinks.

That said, I did experience a freeze at one point when working with hyperlinks, so there does seem to be something there.

• Staff

Hi nwhit,

Just tried this myself and cannot reproduce the issue - it sounds as though it was a one off! If you do notice it happen again try to keep in mind what you did prior to see if we can get a recipe.

With regards to Modify Link and context menu, I'll get those passed on to development.

Thanks for letting us know.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.