vitaprimo

Help doesn't work

I'm trying to add transparency to an image but the transparency tool doesn't work. I go to help and search for transparency and when I click the results and it takes me back to the beginning.

1719428715_ScreenShot2019-02-09at14_53_15.thumb.png.302ea80dba7a3d69be70d2ab48b6ced0.png 

It's beginning to get annoying, now I have to go hunt for help online which takes my mind completely of what I was trying to do. :\ Not cool.

I haven't updated in a while though, I cancelled automatic updates because Apple is not to be trusted anymore...oh well.

3 minutes ago, vitaprimo said:

now I have to go hunt for help online which takes my mind completely of what I was trying to do. :\ Not cool.

Agreed, however the online one is instead Google search based and thus should give back some search result ...

☛ Affinity Designer 1.6.1 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.6.7 ◆ OSX El Capitan

Hi both,

We are aware of that issue and it has already been logged with our developers. 

However, this should be fixed in the next Beta. 

Thanks,

Gabe. 

Regarding Affinity Photo's 'HELP' problem on Macbook/OS Mojave. Am a new user and find this software the very best alternative to Photoshop. The help section (MacBook Pro running on High Sierra OS) worked fine for one week, until OS Mojave was installed just two days ago. Now I cannot access any help within the program, which is a hurdle I sincerely hope Affinity developers can fix before the new release of 1.7 (currently in Beta). Yes, I have read about, then  used the web/help page workaround - but this is a poor substitute for the great in-built help inside the software. Please fix this before the release of 1.7. Beginners using this software will find it essential. Many thanks, Tim.

Hi @Timbo Crock,

Welcome to the forums. 

This should be fixed once we launch 1.7. However, I don't believe we will be realising any patch updates before 1.7 release. So, as far as I'm aware, this issue will be fixed in 1.7, and not 1.6. Sorry :(

Thanks,

Gabe.