You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

20 hours ago, fde101 said:

metal on or off?

There seems to be a very, very DEEP-metal-bug in it. All "fix"-versions are just hacks of "one" special-problem! But the main-problem seems to be very deep! So if THIS BASE-problem is not solved, there will come another and another "metal-issue". All "fixes" was just ptach of patch of patch... instead ONETIME to solve the BASE_Problem.... 

And maybe its a very bad APPLE-code... (this metall-issues "on details" over and over again... are not normal)... this is a very BASE bug, and maybe solved with a SOLID metal-update from apple? Cant not imagine that Serif uses a clear code... the base-code seems to be very "buggy".

But i´m not sure, maybe SERIF is not smart enough, to use that code? I mean a firm, which uses "mouse-off" as "click"... is either copy/paste-lets-try-bad-coded in the not normal, or 100 years ago.... I do not see any  advantage for this generally stunt, but a lot of dis-adavantages. So there must be an reason for that or the whole Serif-stuff is lazy-copy-paste and now they the have to patch and overpatch its OWN old bugs????

OSX 12.5  / iMac Retina 27" / Radeon Pro 580X / Metall: on! --- WWG1WGA WW!

13 minutes ago, Polygonius said:

There seems to be a very, very DEEP-metal-bug in it. All "fix"-versions are just hacks of "one" special-problem! But the main-problem seems to be very deep! So if THIS BASE-problem is not solved, there will come another and another "metal-issue". All "fixes" was just ptach of patch of patch... instead ONETIME to solve the BASE_Problem.... 

And maybe its a very bad APPLE-code... (this metall-issues "on details" over and over again... are not normal)... this is a very BASE bug, and maybe solved with a SOLID metal-update from apple? Cant not imagine that Serif uses a clear code... the base-code seems to be very "buggy".

But i´m not sure, maybe SERIF is not smart enough, to use that code? I mean a company, which uses "mouse-off" as "click"... is either copy/paste-lets-try-bad-coded in the not normal, or 100 years ago.... I do not see any  advantage for this generally stunt, but a lot of dis-adavantages.

I do not know, this is just an Imagination, but why should a modern company uses code where only mouse-off = yes???? Makes COMPLETELY no sense! So there must be an reason for that or the whole Serif-stuff is using bad librararys from i-do not-know--- lazy-copy-paste and now they the have to patch and patch and overpatch its OWN old bugs, instead to rewrite/uses more modern libraiers...????

22 hours ago, fde101 said:

metal on or off?

@fde101 Both on or off. It only happens once I shear/skew the shape.

54 minutes ago, Polygonius said:

But i´m not sure, maybe SERIF is not smart enough, to use that code? I mean a firm, which uses "mouse-off" as "click"... is either copy/paste-lets-try-bad-coded in the not normal, or 100 years ago.... I do not see any  advantage for this generally stunt, but a lot of dis-adavantages. So there must be an reason for that or the whole Serif-stuff is lazy-copy-paste and now they the have to patch and overpatch its OWN old bugs????

@Polygonius, This has nothing to do with Metal....

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

1 hour ago, ronnyb said:

@fde101This has nothing to do with Metal....

Mabey not in this special case: But there is a very big "metal" / redraw-bug... and i do not know, since 098... or so "this bug" was try to patch and patch.... and there was always a new bug /next patch... after each "fix"! Your bug seems to be INDEPENDENT from metal-bugs... but maybe exactly this "wrong code" is the base for all other "pseudo-metall" issues...? I do not know, not my job...but i know this: Sometimes very "wide (pseudo-autark)" related stuff cross-work together... 

However its not my job to find/fix... but i know lot of examples where an "in-thinkable -impossibility" was the real reason....!

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.