You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hyperlinks within textframes on master pages not working

After more investigation that I started in this thread I now can present an exact description to make APub crash:

1. Create a new document with one page and one master page. Assign the master page to the page.
  2. Make sure to be on the content page and insert a text frame.
  3. In the text frame type in two words (e.g. 'Hyperlink' and 'Anchor').
  4. Assign via 'Text > Interactive > Anchor' an anchor to one of these words and via 'Text > Interactive > Hyperlink' an hyperlink to the other word. So that these two are linked together.
  5. Open 'Studio > Hyperlinks'.
  6. In layers panel click on the master layer and switch to 'Edit Detached' (with the button on the context tool bar).
  7. Move the text frame into the master layer and switch back to 'Edit Content'.
  8. Note: in the Hyperlinks Studio the one hyperlink has become invalid and displays a circle with a red X on the right side.
  9. Highlight this hyperlink in the Hyperlink Studio by clicking on it once. Next click on the trash icon at the bottom of Hyperlink Studio > APub crashes.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

To save you the process of building this file I post here a document that makes APub crash as described under #9 in the above post.

d.

Hyperlink_crash.afpub

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M

8 minutes ago, dutchshader said:

and user settings revert to default.

I didn't notice this but this may be due to the fact that I shortly before did a CTRL+click during startup and all settings were reset anyway :)

d.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.