You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Wacom Express Key Remote - modifier keys

Hey everyone,

‘just wondering whether any of you fine folks have Wacom’s express key remote? And if so do your modifier keys work correctly in affinity designer and photo? For me only the space key acts as it should. The keys assigned to shift command and alt don’t seem to perform the expected actions. Would be great to know if anyone else has this problem.

i am also having this issue with clip studio and the adobe cc products so the affinity apps are in good company :). Apps that i’m Finding do  work with the Wacom EKR are Paintstorm Studio, MediBang, sketchbook Pro and mischief. 

Any finding would be much appreciated. I am currrntly trying to troubleshoot this with Wacom tech support :)

cheers, Dave

• Staff

Hi Macmonkey :)

Although we don't have the Express Key Remote to test with, I've connected an Intuos 4 to my Mac as this has the Touch Ring and Express Keys down the left hand side.

Using the latest Mac drivers (ver. 6.3.32-4) all modifier keys work as expected in Affinity and other applications.

Please make sure the Express Keys are not disabled in the Wacom settings panel, as you can disable them system-wide and per application.

Do let us know what Wacom suggest, as we've not heard of this issue before and without the physical hardware to test I'm struggling a little!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there Dan, many thanks for your reply, and apologies for the delay. Unfortunately i’ve not had any luck with Wacom support. They suggested lots of things which ultimately didn’t solve the issue. I am figuring as there don’t seem to be any other Mac users experiencing the same problem it’s probably something unique to my setup, which is getting a little old (MBP 2012). I think that the Wacom support have run out of ideas and seem quite sure it’s not a hardware issue. So i’ll Probably live with it for now and hope that the issue is resolved when I upgrade my system next :) in the meantime I can assign hotkeys for the vast majority of the shortcuts I use.

Many thanks again for checking.

dave