You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

(1.7.0.231) Spontaneous closing of the program.

In the last betta version I described the problems of arbitrary closing the program when working with a mix brush.

In (1.7.0.231), the program closes when transforming and dragging layers (there were masks and groups, not sure if this is somehow connected). The program closes without sending an error report.

Windows 11 64-bit,

AMD Ryzen 9 3900 + Nvidia 1660 Super + Nvidia Studio driver + 32 Gb RAM.

I have experienced this although I cannot pin it down to  a specific cause

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

Windows 11 Pro Version    22H2
OS build    22621.1928
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

yoda.png

14 hours ago, Rick G said:

I have experienced this although I cannot pin it down to  a specific cause 

I definitely can not say what exactly was the cause. But program crashes occurred while working with layers.

Windows 11 64-bit,

• Staff

We have a log of this for Windows and macOS. There is no need to raise a new thread if something hasn't been fixed in a beta update. Simply bumping the original post is enough to bring it to our attention again. We can then do our best to notify the developers that this is still an issue.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Chris B said:

We have a log of this for Windows and macOS. There is no need to raise a new thread if something hasn't been fixed in a beta update. Simply bumping the original post is enough to bring it to our attention again. We can then do our best to notify the developers that this is still an issue.

Thanks! 

Thank. Always happy to help with any information.
Created a new topic because I haven’t met this error yet. For the errors that I described on the forum and which are not in the log, I do not write. I am writing only about new ones. I can duplicate the topics that are on the forum, but the reason is very poor knowledge of the language.

Windows 11 64-bit,

• Staff

Hi Max N,

This is my fault. I missed the bit below your link:

In (1.7.0.231), the program closes when transforming and dragging layers (there were masks and groups, not sure if this is somehow connected). The program closes without sending an error report.

I thought you were reporting the Paint Mixer crash again—I'm very sorry. 

As Rick said, I have had this happen to me and I've seen other reports but haven't found a recipe yet >:( Are you getting any crash reports? 

We've got a new feature for the beta (Preferences > Misc > Include registered name xxxxx for diagnostic purposes) which allows us to find crash reports using your email (which I can find from the Admin panel) so I can ask dev to take a peek and see if we can find what is going on. This can still be a minefield if you're having other crashes, so when it happens again, please let us know roughly what time and day so we can narrow down our search :) 

44 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Hi Max N,

This is my fault. I missed the bit below your link:

I thought you were reporting the Paint Mixer crash again—I'm very sorry. 

As Rick said, I have had this happen to me and I've seen other reports but haven't found a recipe yet >:( Are you getting any crash reports? 

We've got a new feature for the beta (Preferences > Misc > Include registered name xxxxx for diagnostic purposes) which allows us to find crash reports using your email (which I can find from the Admin panel) so I can ask dev to take a peek and see if we can find what is going on. This can still be a minefield if you're having other crashes, so when it happens again, please let us know roughly what time and day so we can narrow down our search :) 

The program is closed but the message about sending the report does not appear. The program just instantly disappears from the screen, as in the video to the last error.
As for the new function, I'll try to turn it on. I did not find a recipe for how to get a crash.

Windows 11 64-bit,

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.