You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Picture attributes

Once a picture is placed into a picture frame, where can I see its attributes? I've spent 10 minutes searching. Where can I see the size of the picture, how much it's scaled, what the aspect ratio is?

Rotating a picture within a frame appear to be a chore too - I figured out that I have to command click in the frame to select the photo but half the time the rotation cursor doesn't pop up.

macOS Mojave

22 hours ago, Jeremy Bohn said:

Rotating a picture within a frame appear to be a chore too

When I select a frame that has a picture in it while using one of the picture frame tools (or select using the move tool then double-click on it to switch tools automatically) I get a little white circle with a black circle-arrow thing in it that functions as a rotation handle.

There is a slider gizmo that shows up at the bottom of the window when you have the frame selected; click the arrow to its left to select the picture itself (the actual image layer that is buried inside the frame) to see the resolution and the like in the context toolbar.  

Thanks fde101, that's helpful. I wasn't getting that circle before - what I was doing was command-clicking on the frame which selected the photo. When I placed the cursor near the corner of the photo the cursor would change to the rotation cursor, but it wasn't consistent. Randomly I would not get them, even on the same photo. So your double-click method is another way to accomplish it.

I'm also finding photos placed are often the wrong orientation. Looks like Publisher is not using the rotation metadata in a lot of photos. If I used my old method of command-clicking to select the photos, using the rotation toolbar button would rotate and squish the image in every time. Your new method doesn't squish it. Yay!