View > Show Column Guides

This seems to have changed. Now the column shading is on TOP of the content which makes everything appear to have a washed out look. I don't think this was the behaviour in the previous build and it's quite annoying.

macOS Mojave

Screenshot attached. See the columns are shaded and now lay overtop of the photos and text which makes them look washed out. It didn't do this for me the night before the new build came out when I started this design. Either a s setting got changed by the new build or the behaviour was changed.

Screen Shot 2019-02-09 at 9.02.00 AM.png

14 hours ago, Jeremy Bohn said:

I don't think this was the behaviour in the previous build and it's quite annoying.

I am pretty sure it was. You can use preview mode View > Preview Mode. There is also Outline mode for the guides.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6 || Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 10.12.6

Affinity Designer 1.6.1 | Affinity Photo 1.6.7 | Affinity Publisher beta 1.7.0.270 | Affinity Photo beta 1.7.0.112 | Affinity Designer Beta 1.7.0.7

THANK YOU Old Bruce. That is what changed... outline mode. Prior to the new build, I just had the basic lines. This is the second setting that appears to have changed after updating.

I figured out what's happening and it's definitely a bug or not expected behaviour. If I switch the column guides to outlines and save the document, close it and reopen the document, the guides remain as outlines. However, if I close the document and then quit and relaunch Publisher, then reopen the same document, the guides are switched back to filled. They should stay as I had set them, even after quitting the app.

1 hour ago, Jeremy Bohn said:

I figured out what's happening and it's definitely a bug or not expected behaviour. If I switch the column guides to outlines and save the document, close it and reopen the document, the guides remain as outlines. However, if I close the document and then quit and relaunch Publisher, then reopen the same document, the guides are switched back to filled. They should stay as I had set them, even after quitting the app.

Oh expletive deleted. I guess that is not fixed yet. I hadn't checked on that.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6 || Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 10.12.6

Affinity Designer 1.6.1 | Affinity Photo 1.6.7 | Affinity Publisher beta 1.7.0.270 | Affinity Photo beta 1.7.0.112 | Affinity Designer Beta 1.7.0.7