You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Column Guides on top of content

Screenshot attached. See the columns are shaded and now lay overtop of the photos and text which makes them look washed out. It didn't do this for me the night before the new build came out when I started this design. Either a s setting got changed by the new build or the behaviour was changed.

Screen Shot 2019-02-09 at 9.02.00 AM.png

14 hours ago, Jeremy Bohn said:

I don't think this was the behaviour in the previous build and it's quite annoying.

I am pretty sure it was. You can use preview mode View > Preview Mode. There is also Outline mode for the guides.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

I figured out what's happening and it's definitely a bug or not expected behaviour. If I switch the column guides to outlines and save the document, close it and reopen the document, the guides remain as outlines. However, if I close the document and then quit and relaunch Publisher, then reopen the same document, the guides are switched back to filled. They should stay as I had set them, even after quitting the app.

1 hour ago, Jeremy Bohn said:

I figured out what's happening and it's definitely a bug or not expected behaviour. If I switch the column guides to outlines and save the document, close it and reopen the document, the guides remain as outlines. However, if I close the document and then quit and relaunch Publisher, then reopen the same document, the guides are switched back to filled. They should stay as I had set them, even after quitting the app.

Oh expletive deleted. I guess that is not fixed yet. I hadn't checked on that.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.