You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo and Canon Pro 1 Printer

I have had mixed results using the Canon Pro 1 to print images processed in Affinity Photo on my iMac. I would like to use the  supplied Canon Pro Photo Plugin within Affinity but it does seem to be compatible. I don't have any Adobe software on grounds of cost. Is there anyone out there using this combo that can advise on workable settings for consistent results?

Hi,

not sure if you mean the Canon plugin here, but that will probably only work for Adobe software like PS/PSE/LR. However, you can try to use Canon's Print Studio Pro plugin instead with Canon's own Canon Digital Photo Professional software (via Plug-In Print and then Print with Print Studio Pro) for your printer.

If you mean instead with Affinity Photo you have to try out and may have to rasterize and/or flatten for certain layers here then.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

1 hour ago, darwinchord said:

I have had mixed results using the Canon Pro 1 to print images processed in Affinity Photo on my iMac. I would like to use the  supplied Canon Pro Photo Plugin within Affinity but it does seem to be compatible. I don't have any Adobe software on grounds of cost. Is there anyone out there using this combo that can advise on workable settings for consistent results?

Apologies, I did mean Print Studio Pro, which I have just discovered won't load in into Mac OS Mojave 10.14.2 in any case. I have tried to download Canon's DPP but that is not supported by my Mac OS either. I am hoping that someone out there has discovered a way of getting consistent results by using just the Canon Printer driver and the Print Dialogue in Affinity Photo. I'll take another look at the tutorial videos to make sure I'm doing it right.

3 hours ago, v_kyr said:

Others are using DPP under Mojave so far, as you can see here. Related to Print Studio Pro see (macOS Mojave (10.14) has been added as a supported OS).

I think we may be talking at cross purposes here. I found and downloaded the latest Mac version of Print Studio Pro.  I don't own a Canon Camera, so  I can't find a way to download the free DPP software. As you said, the Print Studio Pro plug in, only gives installation options for Adobe products.

Ah Ok thought you had a Canon cam too, well in this case you can try DPP maybe via softpedia though v.4.8.30 as far as I can see there.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

• 4 months later...