You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher Public Beta - 1.7.0.238

On 2/10/2019 at 5:42 PM, walt.farrell said:

You can do that already, and have been able to since the first beta release, with a multi-column Text Frame.

When drawing the Text Frame, you can set the number of columns on the Context menubar. Or you can View > Studio > Text Frame where you can set the number of columns and the gutter values.

I knew that was in there (haven't needed it yet). I can't see a way to flow a TABLE over multiple boxes. In that other program I would flow a table onto the pasteboard with future events that would appear when I delete the current events (weekly program). I miss that from the other program. 

Additionally if you create a TOC or Index and request hyperlinks on export the TOC or Index will be furnished with hyperlinks as appropriate.

how do I request hyperlinks on export?

I was hoping the page numbers in the TOC section of the exported PDF would be clickable, but I haven’t figured out how.  

Thanks guys ... downloading this now.

iMac: iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017)  -   3.4 GHz Intel Core i5   -   8 GB 2400 MHz DDR4  -  Radeon Pro 560 4096 MB 

Windows: Nvidia GTX 960m 4k UHD 2gb ram video (Windows 10 Pro) -  Laptop screen (resolution 3840x2160 magnified 300%)

2nd Monitor: Phillips 226E9Q HD 1920 x 1080 (125%)

Sorry to distract you from bug fixes with a "Thank You," but THANK YOU!!! Somewhere in that huge list, whatever you did fixed the issue I had with the last version crashing. I appreciate your hard work and putting out products that can help get me off the Creative Cloud! You guys are the best!

(And, yes, for now, for production work, I'll stick to Designer. However, I can't wait to be able to use this full-time - so fun and intuitive!)

I have to add my kudos here. I just submitted a magazine that I made after opening the previous issue PDF in Publisher. It was a breeze to remake the text styles etc. You guys are doing helluva good work.

iMac 27" Retina 2017, 3,4 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 2400 MHz DDR4, OS X Mojave | Long-time Adobe veteran (I still remember Aldus Pagemaker, HA!), making the big move after going freelance. Running Publisher Beta along with Designer and Photo desktop versions. Loving what you guys are doing.

On 2/12/2019 at 7:25 PM, Jeremy Bohn said:

Hi Lord, I asked about inserting tables into text boxes to get them to "flow" just like that other program. It's not possible at the moment but on the list for the future. I miss it too!

I've understood that there is no support for anchored objects at all. Yet. Which is a bugger for all those making manuals, scientific papers and other data intensive, booklike documents where you want your s**t to run with the text. But all in a due time. The Find and Replace feature is still quite featureless too – remembering what fun it was to practically grep a book together in ID - attaching character and paragraph styles with positive lookahead or -behind. But I trust them boys to be nerdy enough to give us some candy in that area, too.

iMac 27" Retina 2017, 3,4 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 2400 MHz DDR4, OS X Mojave | Long-time Adobe veteran (I still remember Aldus Pagemaker, HA!), making the big move after going freelance. Running Publisher Beta along with Designer and Photo desktop versions. Loving what you guys are doing.

Hey! I noticed double clicking a text frame's edge now auto resizes it! THANKS GUYS! That was like, a deep embedded reflex carried over from ID. And now it works, too :)

5 minutes ago, Läppä said:

Hey! I noticed double clicking a text frame's edge now auto resizes it! THANKS GUYS! That was like, a deep embedded reflex carried over from ID. And now it works, too :)

It's been working in Publisher for quite a while, perhaps near the beginning of the public beta. Unless something has changed to make it even better now :)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Just to say thanks.  I updated to newest Beta, and everything seems to be fine.

I'll leave the more particular bugginess issues to the More Experienced Users, who are more familiar with what this program should do, but for a small-time user, it's working great.  I wrote up two of my quilt patterns, exported as PDF, and they are out in the world.

One friend noted a quirk: Where the photo shows a big black area, there was a text chart (right above the label Row House Roofs).  She could see it fine on the screen, but when she tried to print, it was blacked out.  I updated in the newest Beta and re-sent; she said it worked.  I figured it was something odd that couldn't be reproduced in the previous Beta Version, but just thought I'd mention here.  

Blacked out Text Box.jpg

Hello @AdamW waited a bit before writing this.
i created a project with 16bits color space and processed some works in there but It looks like pictures i load/place in that APub project appear with dimmed colors when loaded into Affinity Publisher, well actually Publisher does a better job into respecting colors than APhoto but still it is something i wanted to share with you.

My fix for now is to place open the exported PNG or JPEG file with Luminar 3 and boost this and that to get the vibrance and clarity back.
The software shouldn't do that, am i wrong ?
Maybe you have already planned a fix for that issue.

Blessings

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3

1 hour ago, Uncle Mez said:

Hello @AdamW waited a bit before writing this.
i created a project with 16bits color space and processed some works in there but It looks like pictures i load/place in that APub project appear with dimmed colors when loaded into Affinity Publisher, well actually Publisher does a better job into respecting colors than APhoto but still it is something i wanted to share with you.

My fix for now is to place open the exported PNG or JPEG file with Luminar 3 and boost this and that to get the vibrance and clarity back.
The software shouldn't do that, am i wrong ?
Maybe you have already planned a fix for that issue.

Blessings

As Adam said in the first post: Any problems actually using this version please make a new topic in this forum 

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1