Sign in to follow this  
LostInTranslation

Moving files between iPad and PC?

Hi,

I am sure this has been asked before, but the search did not give me any good results to my question.

I like working on PC better than on iPad. But for instance delicate masks are easier to draw on iPad with pencil than with a mouse on the PC version.

I have not found a good way to exchange files quick and effordlessly between devices.
My current method is doing it over Dropbox, but it is still kind of painful. I can only "Save" files to "my iPad". then find them in Files and send them to Dropbox from there.
For some reason the filename gets lost at Save and it's renamed to "untitled.afphoto" every time.
I tried an app named Airdisk Pro, but for some reason it does not work.

There must be an easier and better way to do this?
If it has been answered already, please kindly point me to the respactive post.

Thank you!

Save your file to iCloud. Use Open from Cloud on iPad and make edits. Then use menu Documents / Save and close the file. Now open the file on your Mac. Edits should be there.

IPad Pro 10.5 512GB iOS 12.1 Affinity Photo 1.6.11.85 Affinity Design 1.6.4.45

It's a feature limitation on the ipads (the new ones at least). To move files to anywhere but iCloud, you will need a wireless flash drive to transfer your files. The next update of iOS may or may not address this issue.

3 hours ago, DM1 said:

Save your file to iCloud. Use Open from Cloud on iPad and make edits. Then use menu Documents / Save and close the file. Now open the file on your Mac. Edits should be there.

Thanks, that seems to be the easiest version.

17 hours ago, Pariah73 said:

It's a feature limitation on the ipads (the new ones at least). To move files to anywhere but iCloud, you will need a wireless flash drive to transfer your files. The next update of iOS may or may not address this issue.

iOS 12 allows files to be saved almost anywhere on the iPad or to any cloud service (not just iCloud). In addition you can use apps on the iPad, such as Documents (by Readdle) or the built in Files apps, to transfer over 4G or Wireless network to network storage or computer. You can also use iTunes, or apps such as Easus Mobi mover to do wired transfers between computer and iPad. So lots of options really. :)

IPad Pro 10.5 512GB iOS 12.1 Affinity Photo 1.6.11.85 Affinity Design 1.6.4.45

17 minutes ago, DM1 said:

iOS 12 allows files to be saved almost anywhere on the iPad or to any cloud service (not just iCloud). In addition you can use apps on the iPad, such as Documents (by Readdle) or the built in Files apps, to transfer over 4G or Wireless network to network storage or computer. You can also use iTunes, or apps such as Easus Mobi mover to do wired transfers between computer and iPad. So lots of options really. :)

Thank you for expanding on that. I only knew what i read about the 2018 ipad pros.