somewhereinusa

Affinity Designer crash

I have Affinity Designer  1.6.5.135 running on a Windows 10 machine. I can reproduce this every time. If I save, or export,  a document to a usb stick, then remove the stick and try to save or export a document AD crashes. I get an unhandled exception warning (file attached). If I remember to also save the file to an internal hard drive before removing  the usb stick it doesn't happen. I've filled out the Crash Reporter a number of times.

2019-02-08_010330.jpg.96030a8a142600d83fd6ca01b68a70d3.jpg

I would say this is kind of expected. Because the original document is no longer available(being on the USB), you should not be able to save it anymore. However, the crash is not expected. You should get a message saying you cannot save the file. Are you definitely using the latest Affinity version? 

57 minutes ago, GabrielM said:

Are you definitely using the latest Affinity version? 

I'm using   1.6.5.135  from what I can tell that's the latest version.  Other programs 

59 minutes ago, GabrielM said:

You should get a message saying you cannot save the file.

That's what I would expect. Crash happens every time, not just random.

Thanks. 

2 things happen in v1.6 :

File > Save
File > Export
Remove USB 
File > Export = Crash
======================
File > Save
Remove USB
File > Export = Works

However this is fixed in the latest beta 1.7 https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/33-designer-beta-on-windows/ . You can export correctly, but if you try to save you will get a message that you cannot save and the document will close - which is the expected behaviour.