You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Nudge guides with arrow keys

It also seems to me that the only way to see exactly where a guide is placed is to click and start dragging on it, which is, ironically, a drag. It's great in InDesign where guides are treated more like objects that can be selected, copied and pasted etc, so you can click on a guide and at the top it tells you the position and you can adjust it numerically.

I also miss being able to have guides that continue off onto the artboard.

• 2 weeks later...

I  used this the other day to create a logo for my car so added a line extending the "C"  with a line and needed to be precise  but had to use the Arrow key But best of all you can see in real time the movements 

campure2.jpg

10 minutes ago, iscom said:

I  used this the other day to create a logo for my car so added a line extending the "C"  with a line and needed to be precise

You don’t need guides at all to achieve this. An additional hint to @Joachim_L’s post:

Convert the text to curves (if it isn’t already), Go to the „Snapping“ panel and activate the last option („Align to Object Geometrie“ or something like that)

Use the „Node“ tool to snap the line to the nodes of the former „C“.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 2/8/2019 at 8:43 AM, Jeremy Bohn said:

It also seems to me that the only way to see exactly where a guide is placed is to click and start dragging on it, which is, ironically, a drag. It's great in InDesign where guides are treated more like objects that can be selected, copied and pasted etc, so you can click on a guide and at the top it tells you the position and you can adjust it numerically.

I also miss being able to have guides that continue off onto the art board.

I agree with you on the guides continue off onto the art board.