You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Transform tab between fields

Suggestion: in the Transform panel you can tab from one field to another but they don't tab in the correct order in my opinion. For instance if the selection is in the X field and you press tab, the selection moves to the W field - I think it makes more sense for it to go X (tab) Y and W (tab) H - this is because if I am changing W I am most likely to want to change the H next. Hope that makes sense!

I would agree if this were the case. But in my version (1.7.0.227) the tab jumps correctly from x to y. What I dislike is the fact, that only the outline of the values box changes to blue, when I tab from one field to another. I would love to see, that the values itself are marked. Getting old, my eyes won't get better. :)

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

1 hour ago, Jeremy Bohn said:

Hmmm... I've tried it over and over in the Transform panel and it goes:

X -> H -> Y -> W

Hi @Jeremy Bohn,

at least with the latest version here it works like this: X > Y > W > H > R > S > X > ....

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

1 minute ago, Jeremy Bohn said:

I have the latest version. I only just downloaded and installed it for the first time at home last night.

The latest version was released about two hours ago :$

Maybe you want to give this one a try: 

I hope this works for you, too. BTW I'm on Windows. Perhaps there is a difference to Mac?

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M

5 minutes ago, Jeremy Bohn said:

Ah, I didn't know. I'm not at home at the moment.

I connected remotely to my computer and it says I'm up to date but it's not. I'll try again later.

Good luck :)
d.

1 hour ago, Jeremy Bohn said:

I connected remotely to my computer and it says I'm up to date but it's not. I'll try again later.

The auto-update feature during the beta cycle is not consistently being updated with the latest versions at the same time as they are posted on the forums.  The manual download from the forums usually gets posted a few hours or sometimes even days before the auto-update feature works for that version.