You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Slow performance still

It seems the performance in the newest beta is still messed up. See the movie I attached. All I did was create a new document, float the window, then drag t he window size handle around. This doesn't happen in the production version.

My computer is a windows 10 machine running an i5 processor and 2 GB NVidia card. Nothing to brag about but totally sufficient for Affinity.

Matt

• Staff
26 minutes ago, Pattou said:

Hi,

If I may interfere... Yes, performance is low, and sometimes the image disappears and I have to zoom out and in to see it again.

P.

When you're resizing the window or dragging a panel? Or do you mean the image disappears when you're just generally working?

• Staff
22 minutes ago, Pattou said:

I should have said that it is often a part of the image when I deactivate a layer or a filter, (i) but my files size is generally high (often> 0.5 Gb even >1 Gb) (ii) but I did not notice that with the previous beta (I am only dealing with betas since 1.6).

That sounds similar to what a colleague was describing yesterday. I'll investigate! 

+1 I randomly get the same thing when generally working. The picture disappears for a few seconds

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

Windows 11 Pro Version    22H2
OS build    22621.1928
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

yoda.png

9 hours ago, Chris B said:

Hi Matt,

This is still an ongoing issue. There has been quite a bit of input from the developers so they're actively working towards a fix. 

Just realized something...the performance problem only happens when dragging the size handle in the bottom right. If I drag any of the other corners it works fine. Strange.

I've experienced a couple or so complete standstills. Tools down, everyone out. It just stops. Mouse and other programmes work, but the only thing that shifts AP is Task Manager. I've left it for hours to see if it's just slow, but no: total hang.

I've not been able to identify when this happens or if it's just a systems glitch, but here's the data point anyway.

Dave Straker

Cameras: Sony A7R2, RX100V

Computers: Win10: Chillblast i9 Custom + Philips 40in 4K & Benq 23in; Surface Pro 4 i5; iPad Pro 11"

Favourite word: Aha. For me and for others.

The overall process in this version is slow. Brush format is a thing with [ ] 
I use a windos 10
Intel i5
16 GB memory
1050 Ti GPU

Windows 11 (Home)-build: 23H2- build 22631.2715
-  64 bits. 
11e generatie Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11700K @ 32,60GHz.
Ram: 80 GB  DDR4 -3200 Mhz-  34" breedbeeld
GpuGeforce 3060 -12GB  OC-studiodriver: 537-58 - XP-Pen star03 -
mastodon.nl /@digitalvisuals - website:  digitalvisuals.nl

Affinity Photo2 - Designer 1.10-  Publisher 1.10 - ArtRage 6 - Lumina Aurora - ArtRage.

3 hours ago, studio97 said:

The overall process in this version is slow. Brush format is a thing with [ ] 

the same here, I hope in the next beta everything will be better.

Cheers

Affinity Photo 2.4:         Affinity Photo 1.10.6: 

Affinity Designer 2.4:    Affinity Designer 1.10.6:

Affinity Publisher 2.4:   Affinity Publisher 1.10.6:    

Windows 11 Pro  (Version 23H2 Build (22631.3296)

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.