You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Noted what appears to be a cosmetic issue with the Align text drop-down and its icon. For example, I have already formatted some text in a frame as "Top Align" yet the icon next to that "Align" setting is showing the "Center Vertically" icon. If you select "Top Align" again, then the icon changes to the "Top Align" icon. However, if you leave that frame and come back to it, the icon will revert to the "Center Vertically" icon again. Repeatable. 1.7.0.227, OS X High Sierra 10.13.6. See screenshot.

Screen Shot 2019-02-07 at 9.33.17 AM.png

I do believe that happens here too, honestly never thought much of it in that the choices are applied correctly.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

I agree - the choices are applied correctly. My problem is that, by just looking at the text, it is difficult and sometimes impossible to see which alignment is truly in effect. I tend to use both "top" and "bottom" alignment but sometimes miss setting the alignment. As I proofread,  I check things like that. So I would like to rely on the alignment icon to validate the choices, but cannot. It is rather time-consuming to have to drop down the Alignment menu for each frame to see which alignment is in effect.

3 hours ago, thetasig said:

It is rather time-consuming to have to drop down the Alignment menu for each frame to see which alignment is in effect.

In the Text Frame studio the section called Vertical alignment shows all the options and updates as you select each frame.

Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

Yes, correct. However, to be clear, the icon and drop-down menu I'm referring to is not the "Studio" panel, rather, the top row of settings just above the main document window pane (above the ruler) that are visible when a text frame is highlighted. This is the area that is malfunctioning. Click the icon there are the setting will toggle back and forth between two alignments. Click a drop-down choice and you may or not get your wish. There is something weird going on there with both the icon and the drop-down menu.

10 minutes ago, fde101 said:

That sounds like either a bug or a design flaw?

I vote for design flaw.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.