Mithferion

Changes to the Layers Panel - Color Labels

Hi there!

I was thinking that sometimes, when selecting a Layer, you can't really see the color of the Layer (being just one pixel tall is hard to see at times), so the next Mockup explains my idea

• Putting the color label in the left side, and;
  • Moving the color tag of the Symbols to the right.

image.png.b2e950f79187146a15702029dd1d5924.png

What do you think?

Best regards!

You'll never know what you can do until you get it up as high as you can go!   

AMD FX 8350 :: Radeon HD 7870 :: Windows 10 ::  http://mithferion.deviantart.com/

Oxygen Icons :: Free Quality Fonts :: Public Domain Pictures :: iOS 11 Design Resources :: iOS App Icon Template :: Hot to do High Quality Art :: Mesh Warp / Distort Tool Considerations

I think your idea is more visually noticeable, though I do like the idea of an underline as well.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

19 hours ago, Bri-Toon said:

I think your idea is more visually noticeable, though I do like the idea of an underline as well.

The thing with the underlines is that sometimes is not visible enough, I think. This way, the chances for that to happen are minimal.

Best regards!

AMD FX 8350 :: Radeon HD 7870 :: Windows 10 ::  http://mithferion.deviantart.com/

Oxygen Icons :: Free Quality Fonts :: Public Domain Pictures :: iOS 11 Design Resources :: iOS App Icon Template :: Hot to do High Quality Art :: Mesh Warp / Distort Tool Considerations

23 hours ago, Mithferion said:

Hi there!

I was thinking that sometimes, when selecting a Layer, you can't really see the color of the Layer (being just one pixel tall is hard to see at times), so the next Mockup explains my idea

• Putting the color label in the left side, and;
  • Moving the color tag of the Symbols to the right.

image.png.b2e950f79187146a15702029dd1d5924.png

What do you think?

Best regards!

+1

I like this one but ... why a line if like you said one pixel is sometimes hard to distinguish. 

A rounded or square would be more visible.

And this look like the one from Adobe but much thinner though I like it's gradient color which is inovative. 

Good idea

Never be the Same Again !
MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2010) - 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo - 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 - VIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB

MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6  - Affinity Designer + Affinity Photo + Affinity Publisher + Snagit 2019 + Camtasia 2018 + Movavi Video Editor Business 15

2 minutes ago, Uncle Mez said:

I like this one but ... why a line if like you said one pixel is sometimes hard to distinguish. 

The color label in the right side is more than 1 pixel wide (3 to be exact), and we tend to see vertical lines thicker than horizontal ones. I thought that was enought size and enough contrast.

4 minutes ago, Uncle Mez said:

And this look like the one from Adobe but much thinner though I like it's gradient color which is inovative. 

My idea was to match the style already used by Serif. Now, the reason to move the color labels to the left was that most people look from left to right and I guess that Layers are more common thatn Symbols, so the first thig that should be shown is something to identify the Layers.

Best regards!