You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Yeeeesss Affinity .. You did it.. !!!

Well i installed just the newest Beta of Affinity Photo .1.7  0231,   and looked at the Changes..   Affinity even didnt mention it there i think.. 

But very very helpful and important for me was a very tiny shortcut missing...     additiv in the Layermanager select pixelselections..    So Serif listens to us.. 

Shortcut is in German:

STRG+Shift+ Leftmousebutton click..      /    or  :     cmd+shift+ LMB  klick..  

this tiny shortcut will reduce selectiontimes on big documents with many masks where you all the time have to select many layers, (in Visualisation compositings of Architectural visualisations for example) ,  enormously.. 

So many many thanks..

image0001.thumb.jpg.7552e4842b6cb55750640209d49df88a.jpg

But !  i cant find a way to deselect from a Selection..  this is still missing,  maybe this could be implemented too ? 

Doesn't CTL + D  (CMD +D) still Deselect?

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

2 minutes ago, Ron P. said:

Doesn't CTL + D  (CMD +D) still Deselect?

Yes Ron P.

It Does.    But this isnt  realy what we need here..   because it deselects everything. !      Imagine, you have for example 20 Masks of seperated Trees, you positioned in differing places on your Document and also in different  Groups in your Layerpannel, because some of the trees are in foreground others in Backround. 

While additive like shown above  you can select all of them, often, you    click on a mask you didnt want to select and now can see that the selection isnt what you want..  In Photoshop i think its cmd+alt+shift click on the mask to deselect this one wrong mask from your selection.. 

Sounds as a minor problem, and realy, to be able to additive select many pixelmasks is more important..  But still in such a workflow, wou would have to do the selection again from the beginning, if there wasnt any way to deselect the last step...   

ill put a screenshot to show you how in some cases our layerstack in Visualisations for our Architects can look like , and youll see, this shortcut could ease the pain if you mistakenly selected the wrong mask.. 

594677778_deselecttoo.thumb.jpg.566d923da38784ce803a98c355522c0b.jpg

Hi MEB...

You just answered , while i tried to explain workflow that we use in the next answer..   

Thats great to hear..  and as you see in my screenshot,  Options to organise, and fast select such masks in big documents are very important..    Thanks again..

@Tom Schülke Now I know what you mean by saying in other thread that Photo is slow with many layers :D Man, I had some quite populated layer trees but you just obliterated me :D Are you having each leaf on separate layer or what? :) Nice work btw!

Also - considering line of work you are doing (3D), maybe you have some trick how to use z-depth pass to drive DOF in Photo? I think its impossible now but not sure...

Well..    This is just what you are forced to, if you make Architectural Visualisations..     You just have to  combine complex parts of reality, but also have to delete, change, mask,    and formost..   you have to try to stay flexible as long as you can, because architects develope their ideas, while you show them what rey realy have been drawing.. 

He..  you tiny ..  renderfreak...   make big windows...  make smal windows...   make them spare above three rows..  no.. go back to two...   aaah....  and the tree in the backround..  could you just rotate the leaves   in the lower part about   12 degree to south...   why didnt you see this ...   we just changed the stone..  we have made the whole building round...  come on..  you still have the night to chane it...

lol..    :D    Tell you..  beeing a 3ds max guru...  was a great time for years..  but i am glad now to be part of the it department and teach things like affinity..  3d.. will stay with me for fun.

@Tom Schülke I mostly made product viz so not so many changes as usually I am given final design to visualize. Even if I have to place something in the room for context (like when making furniture for example) I never had so many changes. But yeah - in my case my favorite are messages like  "this red oak is not exactly the color I am looking at here" :D .

I hope Affinity will bring with time some life improvements for 3D people. So far so good :)

Ok, I see the difference now. Thanks @Tom Schülke

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.