You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Feedback on Tool Group Cycling with Shift

I'm traveling and away from my machine, but one thing came to my mind: From the various options available to hook up a protection from accidental tool change (by pressing Shift + tool-group shortcut) I believe one has now picked the one which forbids further Shift+Letter assignment, globally.

I could well live with this loss for single commands, but I and likely many Photoshop-trained users would find painful if you for that reason no longer considered default Shift+Letter assignments for extremely helpful - albeit not yet implemented tool behaviour changes.

What comes to my mind is Tool Flow control via keyboard. Photoshop uses exactly the same number key driven scheme as Affinity Photo to control tool opacity (4= 40%, typing 9 and 5 in quick succession gives 95% opacity). That works very well, but the same scheme in Photoshop is also available for Flow by pressing Shift and then typing letters. Gives fine grained control and requires minimal mental transfer.

It would be great if you left the door open for new factory-default assignments of Shift+Letter tool behaviour shift, via Shift key.

10 hours ago, hifred said:

-default assignments of Shift+Letter tool behaviour shift, via Shift key.

+1

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

Windows 11 Pro Version    22H2
OS build    22621.1928
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

yoda.png

4 hours ago, TEcHNOpls said:

Did you manage to map flow input to shift+number(s) in AP or is this a request?

This has been requested a couple of times but is not available yet.
The reason of my post is an (optional) change of Grouped Tools behaviour which affects further assignment of Shift + Letters (Numbers).

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.